Accessing the Website
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
The Website contains content generated by us (or on our behalf by medical authors). The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not meant to be advice on which you should rely. In particular, the Website (and the information which may be accessed through it) is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other healthcare professional. If you are not a healthcare professional then you should ALWAYS check with your doctor if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment and before taking, or not taking, any action on the basis of the content on our Website. If you are a healthcare professional then this information (including any professional reference material) is intended to support, not replace, your own knowledge, experience and judgement.
Contributions to our Website
If you submit any contribution to this Website, including via the Discussion Forums (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), then such content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right to store, modify (where reasonably necessary to allow publication), copy and publish the contribution on the Website and to make it available to third parties. If you wish to keep your content confidential or do not want to grant us these rights, then please do not submit your contribution to the Discussion Forums.
Furthermore, by submitting your contribution to the Website, you warrant that you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above; it is not defamatory; it does not infringe any law or third party rights; that it has not been copied from any third party and you will be required to reimburse us in respect of all legal fees, damages and other expenses that we may incur as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Third Party Links and Resources in our Website
This Website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties. These links are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites or resources and are not responsible for their availability or content. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
Prohibited UsesYou may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as set out below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar request (commonly known as ‘spam’).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.